Home

Monday, August 31, 2009

Wheat Pancakes

Ok, so I found this recipe for wheat pancakes in a blender! I had to try it and share with my family. So...as most of you know, I am not a wheat expert and I didn't even know what to do with wheat!

Well, I made the pancakes just as the recipe says and they were actually good. They were heavy, but maybe someone know how to make them lighter?? I used everything from my food storage! Powdered milk, powdered eggs, honey, baking powder, oil, salt, whole wheat! I impressed myself. So here is the recipe. We used fresh strawberries that I got from the produce co-op, yummy!

Blender Wheat Pancakes

1 Cup Milk (translation for powdered milk is 3 T. Milk and 1 C. Water)
1 Cup Wheat Kernels, whole & uncooked
2 Eggs (2 T. powdered eggs 1/4 C. Water)
2 tsp Baking Powder
1-1/2 tsp Salt
2 Tbs. Oil
2 Tbs. Honey or Sugar

Put milk and wheat kernels in blender.Blend on highest speed for 4 or 5 minutes or until batter is smooth. Add eggs, oil, baking powder, salt and honey or sugar to above batter. Blend on low. Pour out batter into pancakes from the actual blender jar (only one thing to wash!) onto a hot greased or Pam prepared griddle or large frying pan.Cook; flipping pancakes when bubbles pop and create holes.

Berry Syrup

2 C. Mixed Berries (Raspberries, Blueberries, & Marionberries or any mix that are red and blue
3 T. Sugar

Mix together and let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment